Monday, February 6, 2012

A Girl and Her Canoe a poem by Jennifer Jo Fay

A Girl and Her Canoe
I sat in my canoe, grabbing hold of the oars.
The wind blew my hair
in scattered strands.
I slowly began to row
myself out to sea.
Sullen sorrow stormed into my life
and rocked my sheltered world.
My one and only died yesterday.
Fell from a mountain and crashed
to bloody death.
I can't cry any more tears,
as God didn't remember
to fill up my tank.
Here I am suddenly
battling oncoming waves.
The sea's murky hands
are going to swallow me whole.
I don't care. 
I'm already dead.
I can see my lover's eyes now,
the wait won't be
too much longer.
Capsized canoe
and my body is sinking
to murky nothingness.
Good-bye and hello.  Love.

Jennifer Jo Fay
Copyrighted February 6, 2012



If anyone is interested in paper dolls or knows someone who likes paper dolls, check out my paper dolls for sale on this blog and my other blogs.  They are for sale in a previous post.


No comments:

Post a Comment