Sunday, February 5, 2012

Little Delights a poem by Jennifer Jo Fay



                                                   my roses for the cover of Black Roses mystery novel I self published.



Little Delights

How little things tend to beckon
me to them. 
The thought of tiny little roses
sewn into my knitted skirt
makes me long for little delights.
Turkish delights,
chocolate bonbons,
ribbon candy,
and peppermint.
Sweet mouthfuls
slowly being savored.
And as I write and knit
and sew and think,
I want to take a break
and share in tiny little things.
Scattered kisses in the moonlight,
slow walks under a starry night.
Stolen memories
to hold close to my heart.
Sinful dark chocolate
lindt candies
slowly melting in my mouth.
Silken petals
from roses,
the fresh ones
to linger over a week.
All these delights I want.
I wish.
I long for.

Jennifer Jo Fay

Copyrighted February 5, 2012


If you know anyone who likes paperdolls, check out my paper doll post on this blog and my other blogs where my paper dolls are for sale.



No comments:

Post a Comment